The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union (EU) regulation, which establishes a new framework for handling and processing of personal data of EU residents. Any business processing personal data (collecting, recording, storing, using, etc) of EU residents are likely to be affected by the GDPR. The regulation comes into effect on May 25, 2018.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GDPR?
GDPR GIVES CUSTOMERS AND THEIR USERS THE OPTION TO:
- Easily identify personal data and enriched profile information.
- Update Personally Identifiable Information (PII) whenever needed.
- Opt out of storing user events.
- Request a permanent delete of all customer and end-user information.
- Opt out from sending data to third-party for analytics (stop sending properties to any third-party analytics tool).
HOW IS SKATE VIDEO MAGAZINE PREPARING FOR GDPR?
Skate Video Magazine welcomes the introduction of GDPR and is fully committed to achieving compliance with GDPR. We completely understand our obligation to our users/customers and we value our users/customers personal data rights. Here’s what we are doing:
- GDPR Analysis: We have thoroughly analyzed GDPR requirements and we have put in place a dedicated internal team to drive our organization to meet those requirements.
- Identifying Personal Data: We are currently in the process of identifying the different levels of personal data that is collected, stored, used and disposed. It’ll help us establish a roadmap for becoming compliant with the new regulation.
- Being Visible & Achieving Transparency: In the light of the powerful role data plays in the modern day, providing visibility and transparency on how collected personal data is used is of utmost importance. Identifying the different levels of personal data will help us explore the best way in which we can achieve transparency and provide visibility to our customers.
- Enhancing Data Security: We give data security great importance. We are reviewing our policies to further enhance data privacy and data security measures.
- Data Portability: We are exploring ways of streamlining data exporting capabilities so as to give a helping hand to our customers who are concerned about their personal data.
- Changes in the Product: We have identified a few requirements in areas of our product that will be impacted by GDPR. We have developed a strategy that’ll help implement those changes.
FEATURES BUILT FOR GDPR READINESS
As a result of personal data processing, certain rights apply to persons the particular personal data applies to. Possibility to exercise the power and rights set hereinbelow depends on the legal basis for the personal data processing.
CONTACT WITH DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
Skate Video Magazine lets you right to contact with our Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you really need. All you need to do is fill in Contact (GDPR) form.
RIGHT TO ACCESS DATA
A person who is the data subject holds the right to receive confirmation whether we process data applying to that particular person. If yes, the person has the right to access the data and additional information resulting out of the process (such as: aims, categories, recipient, retention, powers, source). All registered users of Skate Video Magazine have access to their personal data in their profiles.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
Skate Video Magazine includes a right for individuals to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. Users in Skate Video Magazine can rectify any errors in their personal data by editing their profiles.
RIGHT TO UNSUBSCRIBE
We provide you with the option to unsubscribe from the our Newsletter list. You can revoke permission to mail to your email address at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link, found at the bottom of every email or fill in Contact (GDPR) form.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
Skate Video Magazine lets you delete user data permanently. You can delete the user profile and all the data associated – like tickets raised by them, discussions, conversations, chats, comments, satisfaction ratings provided, topics created and discussions in forums. To delete all user information, all you need to do is fill in Contact (GDPR) form.
PROMISE OF SKATE VIDEO MAGAZINE
Fulfilling our aim to protect your privacy, we do our best to exercise due care with regard to data protection. In order to adjust to this principle we implement norms and rules arising out of the generally applicable laws. Those are, in particular: REGULATION (Regulation of The European Parliament And of The Council (EU) 2016/679 as of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), Act as of 10 May 2018 on the Protection of Personal Data, Act as of 18 July 2002 on Providing Services by Electronic Means, and the Act on 16 July 2004 on the Polish Law on Telecommunications. In particular, we exercise all efforts so the data is:
- Processed in accordance with the law, in a diligent and clear manner.
- Gathered for legal purposes, set forth while data collection.
- Not processed furtherly in a way that infringes the aims set forth in the information obligation.
- Correct and updated if necessary.
- Substantially correct and adequate to the aim for which they are processed.
- Adequately secured against unauthorised access, destroyed, disclosed or illegally used.
- Kept in a form that allows identification of the people the information concerns, for not a longer period than it is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the data processing, which was provided prior or while the personal data collection.
WE TAKE YOUR PRIVACY SERIOUSLY!