Last Update: July 24, 2018
Effective Date: July 24, 2018
Fulfilling our aim to protect your privacy, we do our best to exercise due care with regard to data protection. In order to adjust to this principle we implement norms and rules arising out of the generally applicable laws. Those are, in particular: REGULATION (Regulation of The European Parliament And of The Council (EU) 2016/679 as of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), Act as of 10 May 2018 on the Protection of Personal Data, Act as of 18 July 2002 on Providing Services by Electronic Means, and the Act on 16 July 2004 on the Polish Law on Telecommunications. In particular, we exercise all efforts so the data is:
- processed in accordance with the law, in a diligent and clear manner,
- gathered for legal purposes, set forth while data collection,
- not processed furtherly in a way that infringes the aims set forth in the information obligation,
- correct and updated if necessary,
- substantially correct and adequate to the aim for which they are processed,
- adequately secured against unauthorised access, destroyed, disclosed or illegally used,
- kept in a form that allows identification of the people the information concerns, for not a longer period than it is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the data processing, which was provided prior or while the personal data collection.
PERSONAL DATA ADMINISTRATOR
The Administrator of personal data included in the website SkateVideoMagazine.com and online Store is the Service Provider:
Phone: (+48) 512 952 522
Personal data is processed in structured sets, which are defined by its processing purpose. The data is processed within the scope necessary to fulfil the purpose. The list below presents the data processing sets, scopes and purposes:
|SET NAME||THE SCOPE OF DATA UNDER PROCES||THE PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING|
|The set of data of people who registered themselves through the User Account.||
||Enabling Users to use the Shop/ Service functions, which are made available to people who registered through the User Account.|
|Set of personal data of Customers.||
||Set of personal data of those Customers who filed a complaint or withdrawal from the contract.|
|Set of personal data of those Customers who filed a complaint or withdrawal from the contract.||
||Investigations into complaints and withdrawal from the contract.|
|The set of data of people who shared a video material within the Website.||
||Enabling Users to use the service of sharing video files.|
|The set of data of people who used contact form.||
||Providing Users with commercial, organisational and technical information enabled by the Service Provider. Enabling Users to use report any king of abuse present in the content published within the Website.|
|The set of data of people who added a comment within the Website.||
||Enabling the Users to add comments and their ratings, as well as using the service of notifications about new comments in the threads.|
|Set of data of people who signed up for a newsletter.||
The other, possible processing purposes are as follows:
- activity evaluation and assessment, including profiling (automated data processing in order to present adverts or market and statistical analysis),
- fulfilling legal requirements resulting out of generally applicable laws, such as Bookkeeping or Tax Law,
- vindication of claims and reply to them.
Information on the purpose of data processing is always provided before or while such data is collected.
LEGAL BASIS AND PERIOD OF DATA PROCESSING
The legal basis for data processing are given while the data collection. The following, are explanation of legal terms used
- 6 point 1 letter a) of the Regulation – personal data is processed on the basis on the expressed consent,
- 6 point 1 letter b) of the Regulation – The data is processed for the need to perform a contract or to take action before such a contract is concluded, resulting from a request for data processing.
- 6 point 1 letter c) of the Regulation – personal data is processed in order to fulfil legal requirements,
- 6 point 1 letter f) of the Regulation – personal data is processed for legitimate interests, information of which is always given.
Personal data may be also processed on the basis of other specific rules, such as the Act on Provision of Services by Electronic Means.
Personal data is processed for the period resulting out of the legal base and purpose. The period is always given before or while personal data collection. Exemplary periods for personal data storage:
- Personal data processed in relation to marketing operations will be stored until objection for the process is filed.
- Personal data processed under consent will be processed until the consent is withdrawn.
- Personal data processed with the use of the cookie files and similar technologies, will be processed until the files are deleted in the web browser settings or a device, and upon filing an objection for the data to be processed.
- Personal data is processed in conjunction with adherence to the applicable rules of law (e.g. to issue invoices) and will be processed within the period required by the generally applicable laws of the Bookkeeping and the Tax Law.
- Personal data connected with service provision, including sale, will be stored until vindication of claims is possible for both sides, namely in accordance with generally applicable expiry period for claims.
RIGHTS OF PEOPLE THE PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED
As a result of personal data processing, certain rights apply to persons the particular personal data applies to. Possibility to exercise the power and rights set hereinbelow depends on the legal basis for the personal data processing.
RIGHT TO ACCESS DATA
A person who is the data subject holds the right to receive confirmation whether we process data applying to that particular person. If yes, the person has the right to access the data and additional information resulting out of the process (such as: aims, categories, recipient, retention, powers, source).
Upon receipt of such a request, we are obliged to provide the person with copy of the personal data under process. In case the request is sent in an electronic way, and no other restriction is received, information is also provided in an electronic way.
RIGHT TO CORRECT DATA
The person who is the data subject, holds the right to demand the incorrect person data to be immediately corrected. Reflecting the processing purpose, the person has the right to demand incomplete information to be completed, also by presenting additional declaration.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
The person who is the data subject, holds the right to demand his/he personal data to be immediately deleted. Should one of the below mentioned circumstances arise, we are obliged to remove the personal data without unnecessary delay:
- consent for the personal data process was withdrawn and no other basis for its processing exist,
- person lodged an effective objection against the process,
- personal data were processed with infringement of law,
- personal data must be removed in order to comply with the legal obligation,
- data was gathered in relation with the Information society offer.
RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING
In the following situations, the person who is the data subject holds the right to demand restriction of the data processing:
- the person who is the data subject questions correctness of the personal data – for the period necessary to verify the data;
- the data processing is inconsistent with the law, and the person who is the data subject objects to have his/her data removed, demanding in return restrictions of its usage;
- the personal data are no longer necessary for the processing activities, however the person who is the data subject needs it to determine, vindicate or secure his/her claims;
- the person who is the data subject, filed an objection to the processing activities, under Art. 21, par. 1 of the Regulation – until verification whether the administrator’s legal basis are superior to the legal basis of the data subject objection.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
The person who is the data subject, holds the right to file, at any moment, an objection – resulting out of the person’s particular situation – to process his/her personal data under Art. 6 par. 1 letter f) (administrator’s legitimate interest), including profiling. In such a case, we are banned from processing such personal data, unless vital legitimate interests to the process are stated. Those must be superior to the interests, rights and freedom of the person who is the data subject or to the basis for determination, vindication or security of his/her claims.
Also, should a person who is the data subject file an objection for his/her data to be processed for direct marketing purpose (including marketing purposes), such data cannot be processed for the abovementioned purposes.
AUTOMATED DECISIONS, INCLUDING PROFILING
The person who is the data subject holds the right not to be the subject of a decision based on automated processing, including profiling, and produces legal effects for the person or in a similar manner substantially influences them.
The law does not affect should the decision:
- be necessary to conclude or exercise a contract between the person who is the data subject and the data administrator;
- be in line with the European Union and the Republic of Poland’s law and which provides appropriate legal protection measures and legitimate interests of the person who is the data subject; or
- be based on express consent of the person the data concern.
Persons who are subject of the process, holds the right to control the activities concerning process of data they are subject of, and present in the Seller’s data set. It is especially, the right to demand to access the personal data, complete it, update or rectify, as well as to demand temporary or permanent suspension of processing or removing, if the data is incomplete, out-of-data, untrue or was collected with violation of the Act, or is unnecessary for further performance of the purposes it was collected for.
The system functions, enabling performance of the right, may be made available. Should you demand to take advantage of your rights, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
System logs are internal logs of events on the Website server that save the site requests automatically when Users visit the site. The system logs contain site requests send by the User, IP address, kind of browser, language of the browser, date and hour of the request and at least one cookie file that can unambiguously identify the User’s browser.
Cookie Files are small files containing a string of characters. The files are sent by and saved on a terminal device (e.g. computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone) used by the User to visit the Website. Such information is send to a clipboard of the used browser. The browser sends it back at the next visit at the website. The Cookie Files contain information which are essential in order to use the SkateVideoMagazine.com Website properly. The files usually contain name of the website they are from, storage duration on the terminal device and their unique number.
The files allow for the User recognition and displaying the Website in a way adjusted to the individual requirements of a user, what makes using the site more comfortable and pleasant. Saving the files on the User’s device facilitates, among others, saving login data, maintaining session after logging in or adjusting the site to the User’s preferences, such as content distribution, language and color.
WHAT COOKIE FILES ARE USED?
The cookie files can be categorises into three division methods.
With respect to the purpose for collecting the cookie files three categories can be distinguished, i.a.:
- Essential cookies – these cookies enable correct work of the Website and the functionalities a User wants to take advantage of, e.g. authentication cookies. It is not possible to use the Website, without storing them on a User’s device.
- Functional cookies – files that enable saving settings chosen by a User and adjust the web page to his needs, e.g. language, font size, web page features. It allows the Service Provider to improve the web page functionality and efficiency.
- Business cookies – for example advertising cookies, enable implementation of a business model. Blocking them, can reduce the level of service resulting from the lack of possibility to execute income subsidising the Website, it does not however, influence unavailability of the whole functionality of the page.
With respect to its validity, two categories of cookie files can be distinguished:
- Session Cookies – exist until the User’s session is over,
- Permanent Cookies – exist after the User’s session expires.
With respect to the Cookie files’ Administrator, the following can be distinguished:
- Seller’s Cookie files,
- Third parties’ Cookie files.
Within the “business” Cookie files, cookie files that enable recognition of our website users’ preferences can be used. For example, we can analyse frequency of visits. This allows us to fulfil the User’s needs better, for example by showing adverts adjusted to the needs and preferences of particular recipients or of those recipients who have already visited our website. Failure to accept usage of those Cookie files, will result in such advertisements not being used.
MANAGING COOKIE FILES
Usually the settings of a browser allow for cookies storage on the terminal device. Should a User oppose saving the files, it is necessary to introduce adequate settings in the web browser. It is possible to enable cookies for all connections from a particular web browser or a particular web site, as well as their removal. Cookie file management depends on a particular browser that is used therefore, detailed information concerning the possibilities and the ways it can be used, a User can find in his browser’s settings.
It is voluntary to agree for the cookies processing. One should however, remember that limiting cookies may restrict or prevent the possibility of using services offered on the Website/Store.
Data collected in the system logs is used by the Service Provider for an indefinite period of time, exclusively for the purpose of the Website and online Store administration. It is not transferred to third parties, except for the circumstances described herein.
When Users operate the Website/Store, technical data concerning the way the Website is used, can be automatically collected and saved in the servers’ logs. Also requests connected with rendering the service by electronic means are sent by the User, his IP address, technical data concerning operation of the Website/Store in respect to activities undertaken by the User, in particular information on commencing and ceasing the usage and the length and scope of each usage of the service provided by the electronic means. The Service Provider may collect information in order to store it locally on a User’s device, by using browser’s memory
In the process of providing services to Users, professional technologies for data collection and storage, such as “cookies”, is used. Data collected through the Website is stored in external, save and professional servers, under external agreements concluded by the Service Provider. The Service Provider shall observe adequate precautions in order to protect the Users’ personal data against unauthorised access, destruction, disclosure and unlawful use. The Website Users’ data can be processed by the Users or the Service Provider, exclusively.
The Service Provider may use cookie files used by Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043, the United States with the following services:
- Google Adwords – allow to run advertising campaigns and assess them,.
- Google Analytics – allow to assess the quality of an advertising campaign, run with the usage of the Google Adwords service, to analyse behaviour and movement of the Users, and to prepare the movement statistics.
- Google Maps – allow to store information on a Customer and enable using the map tools available within the service of Google Maps. Google Inc. can track the User’s position.
- Google+ – allows to connect a User’s account in the Google + with the account on the Website, if the Service Provider offers such function. The files can be also used in order to analyse User’s activities in external social networks. Process of such data can be of a public nature.
- YouTube – allows to store such information about a Customer that enable usage the YouTube functions. Google Inc. may track the way a User plays films.
The Service Provider may employ cookie files used by:
- Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, the USA,
- Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, the USA,
- Snap Inc., 63 Market Street, Venice, CA 90291, the USA,
- Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, the USA and Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland,
- LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 W. Maude Avenue Sunnyvale, CA 94085, the USA and LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company Wilton Plaza Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
The files can be used to connect User’s accounts: internal social network portals with the Website/Store, provided that the Service Provider offers such function. The files can be also used in order to analyse User’s activities in external social networks. Processing of such data can be of a public nature.
The Service Provider may employ cookie files used by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York 10011, the USA, in order to enable usage of the functions offered by Vimeo. Vimeo Inc. may track the way a User plays films.
Using the cookie files by the third parties depends on provisions of the privacy and the cookie files policy, used by the entities. An exemplary list of provisions of the third parties regarding the abovementioned, can be found at:
LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR SOFTWARE
The Website and online Store can include links to other sites or software. The Service Provider does not bear responsibility towards provisions concerning the privacy and cookie files policy applicable on the websites or in software. It is strongly advised to get acquainted with the provisions on privacy and the cookie files policy after entering a website or before installing software.